Using proven communications, advocacy and behaviour change practices, Heroes Project helps communities embrace challenging social and health issues to make positive change. We invite you to learn more about our organisation and our talented team of communicators, advocates and evaluators.
About the Organisation
Founded more than a decade ago, Heroes Project (HP) is a potent organisation that works with foundations, NGOs and enterprises. At our core, we foster innovative behaviour change for good.
Passionate, innovative and mission-based, Heroes Project combines advocacy and communications with societal leaders, media partnerships and breakthrough campaigns to generate impressive results. We are inspired to:
- Promote health-seeking behaviours
- Generate positive social change
- Make life better for marginalised and vulnerable communities, and society as a whole
We stand for inclusiveness and tolerance, and believe that true change can only take root from a place of knowledge and understanding:
- We know how to reach diverse audiences, shift mindsets and influence public policy
- We know how to use the power and influence of community leaders and media channels
- We know how to find the right partners, collaborate constructively and create mutual benefit
- We know how to get and hold attention on sensitive and complex social, health and development issues
- We know how to set goals and measure our progress
And we’ve only just begun
We are the first NGO in India to work strategically on reducing HIV/AIDS-related stigma and discrimination. We’ve reached out to diverse audiences with different needs and different perspectives. We have educated and sensitised the general public to HIV/AIDS, and dispelled myths and misinformation. We have also helped marginalised and vulnerable communities (including injecting drug users, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and female sex workers) feel supported and respected.
Based on our renowned success working on HIV/AIDS issues in several of India’s largest states, we are extending our reach and success into other challenging social, health and development issues in other regions. From antenatal health to human rights, the people at Heroes Project are changing behaviours and changing mindsets to benefit everyone.
Learn more about how our success can fuel yours.